It's time to separate the true anoraks from the dilettantes.
The Post Quiz: Strange, But Is It True?
The following quiz was bashed out by Your Editor by means of fact-checking one of those online 'strange but true' lists. See how many you know.
Are the following 'facts' true, false, or undetermined?
- Square watermelons are sold in Japan.
- Cows can go upstairs but not downstairs.
- The moldwarp was a Doctor Who villain.
- Thomas A Edison is responsible for the introduction of the electric chair for executions.
- The world's oldest piece of chewing gum was chewed by a Swedish teenager.
- In South Africa, there are craters created by jumping elephants.
- The US Pentagon has twice as many toilets as needed because it is in Virginia.
- To get to Point Roberts from anywhere else in the US state of Washington, you need a boat or a passport.
- ATMs in Antarctica dispense Antarctic dollars.
- According to the Bible, the chicken came before the egg.
Not sure? Get the fact-checked factoids by clicking on the picture.