September Create: All God's Creatures Got a Place in the Choir
Do you like to make music with your friends?
Notice we didn't ask: are you and your friends any good at it? After all, musical talent is in the ear of the listener.
Have you ever:
- Sung lustily at the pub (with suitable encouragement)?
- Banged all the pots in the kitchen in exuberant group rhythm?
- Organised an impromptu ensemble at a street corner or barbershop? (How was it received?)
- 'Borrowed' the water glasses in the school cafeteria to play the 'Hallelujah Chorus'?
But 'all God's creatures' doesn't just mean you. How about the wildlife? Do you observe:
- the musicality of our feline friends and neighbours – from kitties on keys to midnight serenades? Was footwear involved in the accolades?
- birdies: are their dawn choruses welcome or unwelcome?
- the great, noisy world out there: what's on your greatest hits list?
Be a critic of found and improvised music. Link to sound samples if you like. Remember: All God's Creatures Got a Place in the Choir
And if you think of a good offbeat musical Guide Entry like this one, we'll take that, too.