Prof Animal Chaos' Yorkshire Fitness Regimen for Seniors

0 Conversations

Prof Animal Chaos has a physical challenge for you fitness types. As usual, we bring this to you as a public service, in the Prof's own unique writing style.

Prof Animal Chaos' Yorkshire Fitness Regimen for Seniors

Fitness expert Diana Moran, aka The Green Goddess, who found fame on BBC One's Breakfast Time in the 1980s.

Are you over 65 yrs of age?

Then this is the exercise just for you!

[Pre exercise routine: Do have the required equipment ready]

  1. To start the exercise! Begin by standing on a comfortable level surface, where you have
    plenty of room all round you.
  2. Start with a 5-lb potato bag in each hand, then extend your arms straight out from your sides horizontally and hold them there as long as you can. Try to reach a full minute, and then relax.
  3. Do this for a few times per day, 5 to 7 days and each day you'll find that you can hold this position for just a bit longer.
  4. Continue for another week or more, as you feel. After move up to 10-lb potato bags and repeat step No 3.
  5. If you're now more confident? Then try 50-lb potato bags for at least 2 week minimum, before eventually "if you think your capable to attempt it" try to get where you can lift a 100-lb potato bag in each hand and hold your arms straight out horizontally for more than a full minute. (I'm at this level.)
  6. After you feel confident at that level, then you're ready to move to where you put a POTATO in each bag!!!
  7. 65 yr plus! and you want to be a superman/woman – Ha! it'd stop your benefits!!!!

Ed. Note:   This 'exercise routine' is brought to you for entertainment purposes only. Kind of like those horoscopes in the supermarket tabloids. You try anything the Prof suggests   at your own risk. You have been warned.

Prof Animal Chaos Archive

Prof Animal Chaos

04.07.16 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87874447

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more