A Conversation for Chongqing, China - PR Version

Peer Review: A87865870 - Chongqing, China

Post 1

Gnomon - time to move on

Entry: Chongqing, China - A87865870
Author: Gnomon - U151503

Where I went on my holidays.

It's a bit scrappy, but I think it is important that this information is available in the Guide - there's very little there about China at all.


A87865870 - Chongqing, China

Post 2

bobstafford

Nice work and you are right about China we do need more entries
smiley - ok


A87865870 - Chongqing, China

Post 3

minorvogonpoet

Yes, it's good to have an article about a Chinese city. smiley - smiley This is a good piece of work and I particularly liked the sections on the hills and the food. smiley - smiley

I wondered about the order of the entry. Would it be better to have the interesting features of Chongquin earlier (from its history to sights outside the city?) After your descriptions of smog and the destruction of old buildings, I wondered why I would want to go there!

I noticed some repetition. You first state that there are four metro lines in the section entitled Hills, but repeat this in the Transport section. You also repeat that there are plans for 16 more metro lines within the Transport section.

In the section on Open-Air Dancing, I wondered if some of the dancing was Tai Chi, which I believe is widely practised?


A87865870 - Chongqing, China

Post 4

Gnomon - time to move on

Yes, some of the dancing is probably Tai Chi, but most of it is what Europeans would call dancing. I certainly saw waltzes, tangos, line dancing, and the sort of dancing that Diversity do, whatever that is called.


A87865870 - Chongqing, China

Post 5

Gnomon - time to move on

I've reworded the references to the metro railway system to eliminate the repetition. It flows better now.

I like the order the sections are presented in - I prefer to warn people about the smog before telling them about the interesting sights. Chongqing is very much the sort of place that people go to on business rather than holidays, so I don't want to present all the exciting places and then at the end tell about the problems.


A87865870 - Chongqing, China

Post 6

minorvogonpoet

smiley - ok


A87865870 - Chongqing, China

Post 7

Bluebottle

I'm sure you've got lots of photos, so I'm looking forward to this entry going forward.smiley - ok

A few thoughts and comments
'there are two monorail lines, one of which is the longest in the world.' – Am I the only one in suspense wondering exactly how long this is? It may be longer, but I bet it wasn't declared open by the Wombles like the one at Beaulieu's National Motor Museum.smiley - tongueout

Picadilly – Piccadilly

Like all mediaeval cities, Chongqing had walls. – Do you mean 'Like all mediaeval cities in China, Chongqing had walls.'?

'The museum was built in 1963 and was originally known as the 'Exhibition Hall on Crimes of the U.S. Imperialism and Chiang Kai-shek'. It was renamed the 'Martyr's Cemetery Museum' in 1963.' – So it didn't keep the original name long, then?

<BB<


A87865870 - Chongqing, China

Post 8

Gnomon - time to move on

I'll check those dates...


A87865870 - Chongqing, China

Post 9

Gnomon - time to move on

The name was changed in 1985. Well spotted.


A87865870 - Chongqing, China

Post 10

Gnomon - time to move on

Chongqing's line 3 is not only the longest but also the busiest monorail in the world. I'll add these details later when I'm at a computer


A87865870 - Chongqing, China

Post 11

Gnomon - time to move on

OK, I've dealt with all those points except the absence of wombles. I have yet to find out whether any rubbish-recycling creatures opened the monorail line. Until I do, I won't mention it.

I now say "Like most mediaeval cities in the world" rather than "Like all mediaeval cities".


A87865870 - Chongqing, China

Post 12

Bluebottle

smiley - ok

<BB<


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 13

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 14

Gnomon - time to move on

Thank you.smiley - oksmiley - redwinesmiley - cake

I'll try and dig out a few pictures to go with this entry.


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 15

Bluebottle

smiley - applauseWell done, me old china!

<BB<


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 16

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

Congratulations! I hope you brought us some pictures from your holidays? smiley - smiley


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 17

bobstafford

smiley - bubblysmiley - ok


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 18

Gnomon - time to move on

I've lots of pictures, Tav. I'll pick a few good ones and send them to you.


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 19

Gnomon - time to move on

Photos sent.


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 20

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

Thank you, got them!


Key: Complain about this post