A Conversation for Barbara

Lovely story

Post 1

minorvogonpoet

This is a lovely story.smiley - smiley I hadn't heard the term 'calico cat'before, because we call them tortoiseshell here in the UK.


Lovely story

Post 2

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Yes, but isn't it a great word, though? smiley - smiley

I loved this story!


Lovely story

Post 3

Florida Sailor All is well with the world

Thank you for reading my story, I am glad ya'll enjoyed it.

It is my understanding that the main difference between a calico and a tortoiseshell cat is that the calico also has fairly large patches of white fur, not that that is important. Calico cats can also be listed as a type of tortoiseshell.

There is a fun poem about the Gingham Dog and the Calico Cat http://www.poets.org/poetsorg/poem/duel - both were popular patterns of cloths that could be woven by complex looms in the 19th century. In the picture books they are usually shown as stuffed toys sitting side by side on the table.

smiley - cheers

F smiley - dolphin S


Lovely story

Post 4

Elektragheorgheni -Please read 'The Post'

Thanks for sharing this story Florida Sailor, it was really smiley - cool.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Barbara

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more