A Conversation for Amy P's NaJoPoMo 2015

Amy P's NaJoPoMo November 25, 2015

Post 1

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

So, today we made a little family outing out of the fact that a lady on BYC offered me free chicks to be companions for my lonely chick. The weather was beautiful today (the reason we went today and not yesterday--I got hailed on yesterday while I was running errands! So the forecast was right, and grocery stores 2 days before Thanksgiving are a bit less scary than the day before...) It was chilly, but most of the time was spent inside the car and indoors elsewhere, so that was fine. Because the chicks were 2 hours away, we took the dogs, as well, since it'd be quite a while without being able to go out...

We had a nice drive up to pick up the chicks, which had hatched on Halloween. They're just old enough that the lady had them off of the heat lamp and on ambient house temperatures (so, when outside, they'll still need some supplemental heat) which made driving with them really simple--just keep them in the box and, if we left the car without the dogs, cover the box so the chicks stay inside (neither dog was interested after they'd sniffed the box when we first picked it up--Penny, because Frieda had taught her well that chicks were to be left strictly alone (a bloody nose is a pretty good lesson!) and Abby isn't that playful (which, really, would be the concern with Penny if she hadn't been taught--these chicks are about the size of tennis balls, so just the right size to grab and shake...). We walked the dogs on the beach after getting the chicks (Abby ended up inside my coat--even with a sweater, she gets cold fairly quickly--heck, I've got over 25 times her mass, and I was getting cold!), and then we started back south. We walked through some of Old Town Bandon, exploring a couple of shops. As a reward for not begging for anything at the (really cool) toy store, we took Notepad (and PaperKid, though she doesn't tend to beg for things anyway--she didn't even when she was Notepad's age, very much) to a candy store that has free samples everywhere. The hard cider pates were smiley - drool After that, we started on our way home, where I now have a pie in the oven for tomorrow.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more