Project Page: American Television Reinventions

0 Conversations

Introduction
Comedy | Drama | Family | Game Shows | Reality
A shield depicting the masks of tragedy and comedy, a violin and a Greek column.
  • Project Name: American Television Reinventions
  • Field Researchers:
  • Faculty: Faculty Of Arts & Entertainment
  • Start Date: January 2015
  • End Date: April 2015
  • Assisting Sub-editor:  TBA

Articles In The Project:

Originals

Conversations:

Back-Up Copies

I plan to make a copy of the entire project for safe-keeping. This is because it is the project pages themselves that are subbed (not copies, as is the case for Edited Entries), so in the unlikely event of the Sub accidentally deleting a page, we have back-ups.

The Story Behind The Article

In 2003 Ecnal Silyab began writing a series of articles about British television series that are re-made in America. He then wrote two more related articles, one looking at comedy & drama and one looking at game shows and stated that he intended to write a fourth entry, which would be a list of all remakes. Sadly he left h2g2 soon after.

In 2015 Bluebottle decided to rescue the article from the Flea Market. Soon after looking at it, he realised that this would not be the quick polish he had at first assumed, but would function better as a Uni project.

It is a very wide, but fascinating topic that this project only hopes to cover a basic introduction to.

I hope to keep the Game Shows article solely credited to original author Ecnal Silyab, keeping his original voice as much as possible.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87847573

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more