A Conversation for Editorial

There is a problem with html for A88008979

Post 1

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Hi

I've been checking on the progress of my guide entries that are in Peer Review

When I tried to search by reference number (A88008979) in Pliny for my Echinacea entry, this is the message I got:
"There has been an issue with rendering the HTML for this entry, please contact the editors"

I don't ordinarily use Pliny. I use Alabaster, which, for any given search, returns all entries, whether edited or not. But if I searched for Echinacea in Pliny,. it would not return my entry, which is still in Peer Review.

What have I not done right? A88008979 ought to be able to be plugged into some search box so it could be retrieved in Pliny. There is only one search box available, and that's the one I tried.

Can you direct me to the right search box that will return my entry using A88008979? This is the conversation forum for "editorial," so logic suggests that this is the place to ask for help. I don't know what he email address is for editorial, or I would have directed this query there instead.

Paulh



There is a problem with html for A88008979

Post 2

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Lo and behold, I find that A88008979 can be accessed by plugging it into *any* conversation at H2G2. This is helpful for people who, like me, are already researchers here, but if you are not a researcher, you can't go this route.

Another viable search would be to go to Google, type in the search terms "h2g2 echinacea," and you would get sent to the entry.

Does it make sense that an outside search engine can do things that H2G2's own search process cannot (in Pliny, that is)?


There is a problem with html for A88008979

Post 3

h2g2 Guide Editors

Sorry you were struggling yesterday, paulh - I tried just now but can't replicate the problem.

You can search for your Echinacea Entry in Pliny, though - just type Echinacea into the search box, untick the Edited Entries Only box, and yours is the top result.

Hope that helps smiley - goodluck


There is a problem with html for A88008979

Post 4

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

That helps a lot, thanks.

Along about the sixth time I searched, I realized there was a box that I could uncheck.smiley - blush I noticed that my references to two other guide entries
[handy gardening tips A328772
Principles of landscape design A578568]
could not be clicked on in the text of the Echinacea entry. Will this be straightened out when/if my entry becomes an edited guide entry?


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more