A Conversation for Getting a meal on the table on time

Very informative!

Post 1

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

There's a lot to like in this article.

I just have one small quibble: there might be one or two parts of the meal that might have been made the day before -- the dessert, for instance. Or maybe even the soup, which could be reheated in the microwave just before serving. Many soups are said to get better with time, so you would be doing your diners a favor smiley - drool.

Or how about imaginative use of leftovers from previous meals?

I'm just thinking about ways to make the process of preparing a meal as stress-free as possible. smiley - smiley


Very informative!

Post 2

You can call me TC

As I was assuming that the cook would be doing this sort of thing from scratch, or for the first time, I tried to suggest that whilst you were cooking the one meal, you could do a few things to save time for the next meal, but didn't really want to extend the chain ad lib into the past. I shall suggest the warming-up-in-the-microwave-at the last minute, though - that's really nifty.

PS - it works brilliantly for cheese, too. But don't let anyone see you do it - cheese out of fridge and into microwave for 10 secs before arranging it on the cheese board. If you have room, you can just get the cheese out an hour or so before it is to be eaten and put it on the cheese board covered with a clean cloth.

Also butter - spreads straight from the microwave!

I'll have another look at the entry from this point of view tomorrow lunchtime.


Very informative!

Post 3

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Glad to be of help. smiley - smiley


Very informative!

Post 4

You can call me TC

By the way - if you feel the need to comment on a budding entry (i.e., one in Peer Review) it is always best to go to the Peer Review thread on that entry. Although, for some reason, there hasn't been much discussion there. I was expecting loads of helpful additions to my ideas.


Very informative!

Post 5

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Is there a separate Peer Review thread? I thought we were supposed to start a conversation at the bottom of the entry.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more