A Conversation for Rod's Green Man, Part 13

He is a wonder

Post 1

Peanut

I am terribly impressed Rod smiley - cool

It has been amazing to see the process, thank you so much smiley - kiss


He is a wonder

Post 2

Elektragheorgheni -Please read 'The Post'

He's looking good,Rod. I see you are being brave enough to tackle the foliage. When we had a version of him on the back fence ---he was obscured by prehistoric ivy. We spent hours trying to get enough stuff out of the front yard to plant flower bulbs. It is tenacious.


He is a wonder

Post 3

Rod

Thank you, thank you

He's certainly fulfilling His function - keeping my head occupied (when I get half an hour or so!).

Unfortunately, you're catching up with Him at quite a rate - not very many episodes in reserve any more, now that He's getting towards the fiddly detail stages... it will take me a l-o-n-g time if the foliage is to be done the way I'm currently thinking (see part 16 or 17 maybe)



Ivy. Yes. (and a few other invasive plants). Do you have a photo of him, Elektra?

Ms Stress hasn't figured out where to put him yet. Her suggestion initially was on one of the walls in a corner outside the back door but that would mean full sun in the morning/midday or full sun midday/afternoon - too much exposure, methinks. A better place would be on the south-facing fence in the front garden (the sun's in the north of course,) and try to keep the real foliage at bay.


Rod


He is a wonder

Post 4

Elektragheorgheni -Please read 'The Post'

Sorry,Rod. I don't think I do have a pic, let me take a rec and get bacl to you on that. I am not sure you'd want to subject your guy to weather much. Maybe in you gazebo. It would be a shame after all that work you put into making him to lose him too soon.


He is a wonder

Post 5

Peanut

I'm glad he is keeping your head occupied when you have to time Rod

I'd interested to see what pre-historic ivy looks Elektra smiley - winkeye if you have a pic


He is a wonder

Post 6

Rod

Yes, Elektra, weathering is a problem. I'm beginning to look at that aspect, seeking protective finishes.
The main problem of course is the sun, so I'm more or less decided that it'll be the south (ish) facing fence which gets little sun even in mid summer - just an hour or two when it's low and weak (well, weak-ish).
I have some oils of course but amn't too sure of what protection they give outside - must do some research. Sun and wind are the main hazards with rain following. Freezing does happen but rarely.

The gazebo? Maybe so... perhaps not actually in? We'll have to see.

I'm just imagining a year's worth of weeks in smiley - thepost
Opinions please: "What do you think of here?" , "...here?" , "...here?


He is a wonder

Post 7

Rod

Yeah, Peanut, when I have time. Ms Stress knows exactly where to find me...


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Rod's Green Man, Part 13

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more