A Conversation for I Couldn't Care Less: Spot the Difference

Caaring in the Community

Post 1

Websailor

'Care in the Community' was implemented and hospitals closed long before the community care was in place and we have never caught up with the needs. In much the same way convalescent homes were closed with no thought of a replacement service. which would free up hospital beds.

I agree with you about nationalising the 'professional' carers. They should be trained to a high standard and paid properly, then they would save the Govt. a great deal of money long term.

They should be trained more like the Nannies for the 'well to do', with standards, uniforms and proper pay.

Some clients/carers may not like uniforms but when carers are entering a lone person's house unmonitored it should be clear who they are and what they are there for, otherwise anyone could gain access.

At present many of the companies employ girls, largely untrained and not old enough to have developed the necessary qualities, skills or common sense. Maybe this is because they can employ them on the lowest minimum wage?

Like you, I would want the best care, because whether we are paying out of our own pockets, or out of those of the tax payer we surely deserve better than we are getting now.

Websailor smiley - dragon


Caaring in the Community

Post 2

benjaminpmoore

I confess I hadn't given any thought to uniforms, but the point you make is a good one. Certainly ensuring professional carers are accountable and identifiable is key. Ultimately, every decision made must be about what is best for the person receiving care, or for the safety and well-being of the carer. All other considerations should be secondary.


Caaring in the Community

Post 3

Websailor

I agree totally.

Let's keep wishing for the moon smiley - smiley

Websailor smiley - dragon


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for I Couldn't Care Less: Spot the Difference

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more