The h2g2 Post 18.02.13

1 Conversation

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 18th February 2013

We Write the Songs

Do you walk around with a tune in your head? Some h2g2ers do. We suspect they aren't the tunes below, but hey – that's why the gods invented headphones. So you don't have to share other people's music.

Our Post contributors have a lot to share this week, and we think you're going to be glad you tuned in. Book review, you say? Solnushka's got one. Want to know what's on at the cinema? Awix was there, as always. Have a yen for good poetry? Boy, have we got treats in store – MVP has been at it, ditto clzoomer. Rod's been hammering, and then photographing, and then versifying, in that order. The charming result can be found in our pages.

What's that? You want classic culture? Well, what about the low-down on the goings-on in Alfred, Lord Tennyson's next-door neighbour's backyard? On the fabled Isle of Wight? Would you believe, we've got that, too? Sometimes we astound even us.

Willem takes you where no wildlife artist has gone before – at least, not here. Gaze your fill. Bluebottle's talking to Florida Sailor about something, and benjaminpmoore's talking to us about something, and just so you don't get bored, the Prof and I have cartoons. Oh, and there's a quiz.

Remember that you are working on your February Create Challenge entry. We know you are, because we told you before. Don't make us come down there.

Enjoy your week!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

IT'S ALL BEEN DONE BEFORE

CELEBRATION OF THE LIZARD


 
  • Red Disa by Willem

COME INTO THE GARDEN, MAUD


 

 
HEY, MR SPACEMAN
  • Mr Cameron in character as Merlin.
GET OFFA MY CLOUD

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A87780054

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more