A Conversation for 24 Lies a Second: Wicker's (New) World

Awix, sorry it was such a turkey.

Post 1

Elektragheorgheni -Please read 'The Post'

Gosh I felt how keenly disappointed you were over the new flick. Sometimes cult movies just grow out of particular Zeitgeist and that can't be replicated. I felt sorry for the movie maker as well, despite his antiamerican sentiments. He must be aware of the dissappointing reception of his film.


Awix, sorry it was such a turkey.

Post 2

Awix

It was kind of the elephant in the room - but as he said, the DVDs are doing okay and prep for the next film is going well (he was very energetic for a guy in his 80s). I didn't go along with high expectations, having been warned by someone whose friend had worked on the film. I think the anti-Americanism is directed against a particular type of person on the religious Right - it's a bit cartoonish and unsubtle, of course, like the rest of the film.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for 24 Lies a Second: Wicker's (New) World

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more