A Conversation for Learning to paraglide

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 21

Hoovooloo


I wonder why they didn't use it. Or any of the other ones that could be found with a Google image search for "paraglider".

I wonder why instead they've chosen to use a blurry photograph of what is possibly a base jumping canopy, or a paraglider from circa 1985, but in either case bears no resemblance to any paraglider I've ever seen on a hill. smiley - shrug I don't suppose it matters. Certainly not worth getting upset about.


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 22

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

It was sent in by Gnomon. We can remove it if you feel strongly.


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 23

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

I am sorry but the picture you submitted had a very bad contrast, meaning the paraglider was almost not distinguishable from the background because of the lighting of the whole scene (almost night, it seemed).

We really cannot take any pictures from google for copyright reasons.

As Lanza says it can be removed, but it was the best picture available to us.smiley - cheerup


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 24

Hoovooloo


I don't feel strongly.

Question: would you be happy illustrating a new entry how to use a mobile phone with this picture? http://6.mshcdn.com/wp-content/gallery/facts-mobile-phones/motorola.jpg

Would you be happy illustrating an entry on how to use a personal computer with this picture? http://umzuzu.com/storage/first_windows_computer.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1299557902101

Would you be happy illustrating an entry on how to choose a video game console with this picture? http://images.businessweek.com/ss/06/10/game_consoles/image/slide3.jpg

That's what's been done here. If everyone else is happy, I'm happy.


Key: Complain about this post

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

More Conversations for Learning to paraglide

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more