A Conversation for ASCII Quiz 5

Ascii Quiz April '12

Post 1

AlwaysLunchtimeSomewhere - "at ALS's restaurant" (thanks DG!)


please be gentle with me here - this is my first attempt at one of these!

1 Julie Andrews auditioning for 'Nanny McPhee'
2 David Beckham auditioning (& failing) for the next Bond villain
3 Vincent Price in 'Charlie & the Chocolate Factory'
4 Frankly, my dear, i don't give a dayyum what this one is!
5 is my son (on the left) realising, after years of making fun of my receding hairline, that he now has less hair than me (on the right)
6 Julie Andrews in the 'Sound of Music'
7 Julie Andrews in 'Airplane!'
8 is 'Dumbo' - no, seriosly, look carefully - trunk to the lower-left, one big ear plainly visible on the right
9 is Bob Marley, having a bad hair day
10 is Humphrey Bogart visiting one of the Norfolk Broads


Ascii Quiz April '12

Post 2

AlwaysLunchtimeSomewhere - "at ALS's restaurant" (thanks DG!)


oops... i should point out that i can usually spell 'seriously' - honesly!


Ascii Quiz April '12

Post 3

Icy North

I won't give the correct answers just yet, but that's a very entertaining set of responses - thanks for playing smiley - biggrin

smiley - chocolateteapot Icy


Ascii Quiz April '12

Post 4

AlwaysLunchtimeSomewhere - "at ALS's restaurant" (thanks DG!)


...hmmmm - i'm guessing i got one or two wrong, then?


Ascii Quiz April '12

Post 5

MMF - Keeper of Mustelids, with added P.M.A., is now in a relationship.

Ok. Here's my attempt.

1) Psycho, shower scene with Janet Leigh.
2) Blofeld and his white Persian Cat, played by Donald Pleasance (as Blofeld. Not the cat), I think in You Only Live Twice.
3) Willie Wonka nd the Chocolate Factory, with Gene Wilder.
4) Gone With the Wind, with Cary Grant and Scarlett O'Hara, although Frankly, My Dear, I don't give a damn!
5) Rocky III, with Mr T and Sylvester Stallone.
6) Toughy. The Fugitive? Although think it may be a cowboy film or maybe Butch and Sundance. Just guessing.
7) Sound of Music with Julie Andrews.
8) My Fair Lady, with Audrey Hepburn as Eliza Doolittle.
9) Around the world in 80 days, with David Niven as Phileas Fogg, and the oft forgotten Cantinflan as Passepartout (Did he ever star in anything else?)
10) Casablanca,with Humphrey Bogart as Rick and Ingrid Bergman as Ilsa.

And the winner is?

Casablanca and 'You played it for her, you can play it for me. Play it.!' by Dooley Wilson. A Classic... smiley - rofl

MMF

smiley - musicalnote


Ascii Quiz April '12

Post 6

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Cantinflas? Big star. You don't have to speak Spanish to enjoy this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwLPr8qrdaI

(Be patient with it. It gets funny about a minute or so into the clip.)




Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for ASCII Quiz 5

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more