A Conversation for Willem's Fantasy Fauna and Flora: Phantom Nightmonkeys

It's those Nightmonkeys!

Post 1

cactuscafe

It's the Phantom Nightmonkeys! I love these dudes, well I love their name, and would probably form a band named after them if I could. heheh, I play synth for the Phantom Nightmonkeys.

Seriously, though, incredible drawing as always, Willem. I love the feet! Quite a feat, to draw those feet. smiley - rofl.

Do these monkeys make a sound? Like a chattering sound? Perhaps it is because it looks like they are making a sound in this drawing, I noticed their mouths. I love it.

cc smiley - choc


It's those Nightmonkeys!

Post 2

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

I, too, imagined a sound. Sort of a high-pitched screech that would freeze your blood. smiley - laugh


It's those Nightmonkeys!

Post 3

Willem

Hi Cactuscafé and Dmitri! Yes of course they make a sound ... and here's how I described it in the story (The Quest for Wavdendreem's Garden, Book One: The Disenchanted Kingdom) where they first come in:

(Valerie, Vivienne and Bridget are in the wilds of Solkayis; they've just met a man called Siasiatra, Sia for short, who knows a lot about the woods.)

'Each time they hear a strange sound, Sia tells them what kind of animal is making it. Suddenly there is an utterly weird sound … like an extended, hoarse shriek descending the scale, punctuated by hiccups. It is rather bone-chilling. Valerie sits bolt upright, and looks over her shoulder in the direction it came from.'

For what happens next, you'll have to wait for the story to get published!


It's those Nightmonkeys!

Post 4

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - laugh I like the hiccups.


It's those Nightmonkeys!

Post 5

cactuscafe

whoah! that's one expressive sound description, Willem, and thanks! And it is kind of how I imagined, although perhaps a bit more spooky!

Now I have to go to my synth and recreate it. smiley - rofl.

When's your story coming out then? How long will we have to wait to see what happens?? hurrumph, cor honestly, authors. heheh.

Love it, thanks Willem

cc smiley - choc


It's those Nightmonkeys!

Post 6

Rod

Great, Willem!

I think I may have heard something like those screams in the jungle just to the south-west of Sleepville.


It's those Nightmonkeys!

Post 7

Willem

Hi Cactuscafe and Rod! Rod, where's Sleepville? Cactuscafe, I really don't know but it won't be soon. The books are sort of an ultra-mega-ambitious project that I've taken on to try and keep myself alive ... i.e. for as long as it isn't finished, I have to keep on living so I can keep on working on it. But I think just maybe sometime I *will* have something to publish, since I *am* working on it a lot.


It's those Nightmonkeys!

Post 8

Rod

Sorry, Willem

>I think I may have heard something like those screams in the jungle just to the south-west of Sleepville<

-->

"... just under the surface when nodding off"


It's those Nightmonkeys!

Post 9

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

This is a territory the Prof is always trying to find. smiley - angel


It's those Nightmonkeys!

Post 10

Willem

Thanks Rod! I don't know the expression, I wondered if it might be a nickname for some real place youd been, in Uganda maybe.


It's those Nightmonkeys!

Post 11

Rod

No, Willem - it's just that sometimes some things seem to be a good idea at the time Just ignore me (everyone else has learned).


Well, Dmitri, you'd better warn the Prof that just to the south-East of Sleepville is just-under-the-surface-when-coming-to.
Though, he may never need it


It's those Nightmonkeys!

Post 12

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - rofl He needs it, Rod. We have to find a way to help the Prof stay asleep.


It's those Nightmonkeys!

Post 13

cactuscafe

smiley - rofl

Travel to the South East of Sleepville, and stay on the freeway until you see the sign saying Roadstop for Dreamers, 2 miles

Uh oh, you guys started me off now, smiley - rofl

Interesting, Willem, I know what you mean about projects, good to have an ongoing creative situation, to give purpose and inspiration to the in-breath.

Not making much sense. smiley - rofl. On Easter weekend. I am currently writing this from the Roadstop for Dreamers. smiley - rofl. smiley - choc


It's those Nightmonkeys!

Post 14

Willem

Rod really don't apologise. In fact this gives me an idea. I'm going to see about illustrating the jungles to the south-East of Sleepville for Around the Day in 80 Worlds!


It's those Nightmonkeys!

Post 15

Willem

Hi Cactuscafé! I may illustrate the Roadstop for Dreamers also.


It's those Nightmonkeys!

Post 16

Rod

Oh, great

Y'know, ye may have found the secret
...

How To Please All Of The People All Of The Time

Go to it, Willem.


It's those Nightmonkeys!

Post 17

Rod

>>give purpose and inspiration to the in-breath<<

That's rather good, cactuscafe. Like it.


It's those Nightmonkeys!

Post 18

cactuscafe

smiley - rofl

Did I say that? (checks). Oh yes, so I did. smiley - rofl. I was well away on the Easter egg choccie smiley - choc. heheh.

Enjoying this conversation, folks, there are a lot of creative sparks flying around at the moment. I love it!!

Can't wait for the drawings, Willem. Isn't is amazing how we can share ideas, and yet we all have our individual vision, which in turn leads to new ideas, which ..

OK OK you know what I mean ... smiley - rofl.

Laters, have to go ride a bike in the rain. smiley - grr.




Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Willem's Fantasy Fauna and Flora: Phantom Nightmonkeys

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more