The h2g2 Post 21.05.12

1 Conversation

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 21st May 2012

Moving Right Along

An illustration of imaginary air travel from 1900. Looking over this week's contributions, it occurred to your Editor that there was a lot of movement involved: people getting from here to there, discovering new places, new events, new things to see, do, and understand. Effers brings us the second part of her exploration of Aboriginal Australia, Willem lets us in on more of his experience of wildlife diversity. h5ringer tells us how the music competition came out. Others take us on cerebral journeys into lands of fiction and make-believe. Awix has an expert cinema review, while I offer the bargain-basement version of my movie outing.

You people widen my horizons in many ways. Just last week, Malabarista informed me that there was a job advert for a 'transporter'. Apparently, you needed experience, and we were wondering if you were required to bring your own 'beam me up' equipment. This news had repercussions in Brightling, of course.

So dig into the week's offerings, folks. Leave comments. And if you go anywhere interesting this week, remember to take your camera or paintbrush, and tell us about it. (The gmail address is below, as always.)


Dmitri Gheorgheni

FROM PLACE TO PLACE

FROM TIME TO TIME


 

FROM OUR MINDS TO YOURS


 

 

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A87747646

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more