Museum of Science and Industry Exciting Entry Proposal

4 Conversations

On Saturday 18th February many h2g2 researchers met outside, or in a pub near, the Museum of Science & Industry in Manchester. There isn't an entry on this museum in the Guide, so surely we should all write one?

My idea: what if everyone who attended the meet-up wrote a sentence or more about the museum, and we put all the sentences together and try to turn this into an entry? A truly collaborative experimental effort about a Manchester landmark1.

It doesn't have to be technical, complicated, just honest, as short and sweet as you like or a longer, more involved paragraph if you prefer. It is up to you. All I ask is that you contribute something.

What can I write?

Just write about what you saw and what you did. If you didn't look around the museum and sat and ate in the cafe then write about what you thought of the cafe, its selection, prices etc. If you enjoyed the train ride, write about that. Say what you did, what you saw and what you liked.

If you've been to the museum before, for example for a Doctor Who Exhibition or school trip, feel free to write about that. If you hung around outside, write about the outside appearance of the museum, the smell of the steam train, the cobbles, the zebra crossing, the blue post box. Write anything – it can all be relevant.

I didn't go in the museum, does that mean you don't want me to write anything?

Even if you didn't actually go inside the museum, it doesn’t mean you don't have anything of value to contribute. If you went to the pub across the road, then your experiences in getting to the pub equally apply to how people get to the museum – was it easy to get to? Was there a station/airport nearby? Did you see any signposts for the museum on your way to the pub? What did you think of the area that the pub and museum are located in?

Have you heard of the museum before? If so, when and where? If you looked up the museum on the MOSI website, tell us about the website!

Just because you did not enter the museum, it does not mean you are unable to contribute!

See the draft version so far here: Museum Of Science and Industry, Manchester, England, UK.

1Supporting, and hopefully not treading on the toes of, the Create team

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A87743596

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more