A Conversation for At the Book Fair

Yeah Iceland!

Post 1

Elektragheorgheni -Please read 'The Post'

Home of geysers, volcanoes and a geologists treat also has fine authors. It would be nice if we could get a book review of one of Laxness's novels. He has a very rare rare name because most of Iceland uses so-and-so's son or so-and-so's daughter. I'd hate to have to use a phone book in Iceland to figure out how to get in touch with any particular person. It sounds worse than in Wales were people are known by their position in the community because too many people have same names.


Yeah Iceland!

Post 2

aka Bel - A87832164

I ordered 13 Laxness books to give to my parents for Christmas. I'm sure I'll get to read a few of them at some point. smiley - smiley


Yeah Iceland!

Post 3

Elektragheorgheni -Please read 'The Post'

smiley - cool

I remember Dmitri said that Iceland had a campaign to try to get tourists from stealing rock samples! This was probably a problem of American and German geologists who were too enthusiastic! Not a thing to do when you have a small underpopulated island.


Yeah Iceland!

Post 4

aka Bel - A87832164

I bet that was what caused that unpronounceable volcano to erupt last year - people stealing rocks. smiley - laugh


Yeah Iceland!

Post 5

Elektragheorgheni -Please read 'The Post'

Well I hope not. If that Hekla blows it will make the other incident seem like child's play. I hear that there has been seismic activity in the area. I do believe that the gov't there has made evacuation plans.


Yeah Iceland!

Post 6

aka Bel - A87832164

I hadn't heard of that. smiley - bigeyes I hope it won't come to it.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for At the Book Fair

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more