A Conversation for Talking Point: Now and Then

Twists & Turns of Life

Post 1

Smudger879n

I never really made plans as such, just drifted with the flow until My first child was born. I reckon after that you tend to live for your kids more, and they take over your life until they grow up. Then you can return to pick up the pieces of your own life, and carry on. Its at this point you find out what you really want out of life anyway. For me I found out that I had nothing in common any more with the woman I married all those years ago, so we divorced! Now my life was just taking off when injury put a stop to it. Yet I have no regrets and would do it all over again.smiley - ermsmiley - wahsmiley - biggrin the lot.
smiley - cheers Smudger.


Twists & Turns of Life

Post 2

Teasswill

Sounds a lot like me. My children are still the centre of my life, though I do a lot of other things besides. Looking ahead to when they leave home is not an attractive prospect for me, I don't know if I'll be able to rediscover why I married my husband or if I'll feel unable to stay with him.


Twists & Turns of Life

Post 3

Smudger879n

Staying with some one just for the sake of the kids, is not a good move,
Like when I found out that we had nothing in common any more after all those years, a freind of mine said I should stay for the kids(then 17 &19) No way I said Im out of here. Although it was a lot to lose, I just went for it. Never looked back since, but at least Im happier now, there is a lot of world out there!smiley - ok
smiley - cheersSmudger.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more