A Conversation for Barriers To Learning For Adults... (personal barriers)

Barriers to education - cost

Post 1

Reality Manipulator

Where I live I do not get any reductions on the cost of further education, I have to pay the full lot even though I am on a low income only because I get Invalid Care Allowance and they do not give any reductions for this benefit. Even elderly only get a small discount on further education courses. I asked at the College but they said that was the rules and they could not be changed even though I was on a low income.

JA smiley - wizard


Barriers to education - cost

Post 2

Loup Dargent

hi kathrine...

yep... a perfect example of personal barrier and institutional barrier...

personal... because people might not take the step of going back to a learning environment if they feel/know that it will mean a too big financial sacrifice...

institutional... well it's obvious that something has to be done there at a government [national and/or local] level... rules can be changed... and in this case, rules should be changed...

after christmas i might add more to these entries... more details/infos/etc... i will definitely look into grants/help available for adults who want to go back into a learning environment...

thanks for your input...

talk later...smiley - surfer

loupsmiley - fullmoon


Barriers to education - cost

Post 3

Reality Manipulator

smiley - ta

JA smiley - wizard


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Barriers To Learning For Adults... (personal barriers)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more