A Conversation for An Essay commenting on some Observations regarding the Bounds of the Doctrine of Chances in respect to natural plausibility Judgments.

A8556780 - An Essay commenting on some Observations regarding the Bounds of the Doctrine of Chances in respect to natural plausibility Judgments.

Post 21

Gardener

It is a great pleasure to have someone at long last proposing these valuable suggestions. I will ofcourse get around to editing this entry and putting it in Guide ML format once it is suggested,- when I have a time on weekends, since I am back to my usual business.
The problem with guide ML is that I do not know how to make links (I attempted once but it did not quite work out). You also started explaining something about the possibility of putting in the picture,which I feel is vital to the coherence of the Inset 1 that the picture should go in there. But I do not quite grasp what do you mean by putting it somewhere on the Net. Will, for example, sending it by E-mail somewhere you say be enough?


A8556780 - An Essay commenting on some Observations regarding the Bounds of the Doctrine of Chances in respect to natural plausibility Judgments.

Post 22

echomikeromeo

If you're in GuideML style, you put in external links using the following code:

words to be hyperlinked

For more info, the <./>GuideML-Clinic</.> is very useful.

The deal with pictures is that they're not usually allowed embedded in Edited Entries, though certain entries have been able to get special permission to have them in. This is unlikely, though, so what we're recommending is that you find somewhere on another site to host the picture and then link to it from here. That's been done successfully in the past. Of course, though, since people who access h2g2 on their mobile phones and PDAs won't be able to see the graphics, it's best if the entry can function without them.

I hope that helps.smiley - smiley


A8556780 - An Essay commenting on some Observations regarding the Bounds of the Doctrine of Chances in respect to natural plausibility Judgments.

Post 23

Dr Hell

smiley - star Quick GuideML starter.

In GuideML all things stand between 'tags'. Tags are instructions that tell an interpreting programme to do stuff with a certain piece of text. The tag starting an instruction is written between <>-brackets (e.g. <B&gtsmiley - winkeye and the second tag ending the instruction, like this: . Anything between and will be subjected to the instruction in the tag, in this case 'bold-face'.

Footnotes are written like this: Your footnote here

Paragraphs: Pragraph

Headers: Header text

Subheaders: Subheader text

Superscript: exponent

Subscript: index


smiley - star Graphics (pt II)

Another way to include diagrammes is to use 'ASCII-art'. In GuideML these bits should go between the tags blah,blah. If you're: a) lucky b) the Editors think that a graphic is helpful and c) they have time, they can make a graphic based on that ASCII diagramme and include it in the edited version.

Good Luck!

SAUSAGE

PS: BTW, maybe it would be a good idea to remove this thread from the conversations-list while you're re-writing the Entry. In this way the conversation-list of Peer Review (PR) stays tidy. When you've finished overhauling your Entry you could re-submit it to PR. What do you think?


A8556780 - An Essay commenting on some Observations regarding the Bounds of the Doctrine of Chances in respect to natural plausibility Judgments.

Post 24

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Gardener said: <>

Did you not read post 8, Gardener?

I repeat post 8:
<./>GuideML-Clinic</.>

and also please split your title so we don't have to scroll across the page to read every line, thanks.

Like this:

An Essay commenting on some Observations regarding the Bounds of theDoctrine of Chances in respect to natural plausibility Judgments



There are people here *takes a bow* trying to help you, but your attitude towards those people doesn't encourage others to help.

smiley - tea

Oh I see your entry has been hidden, it has broken the house rules, because this site does not allow copying from other sources.
You need to rewrite your entry - if you want your entry to be reviewed and considered for the Edited Guide.

Annie


A8556780 - An Essay commenting on some Observations regarding the Bounds of the Doctrine of Chances in respect to natural plausibility Judgments.

Post 25

Mina

As Annie has said, this has been hidden.

I propose a move back to the entry.


A8556780 - An Essay commenting on some Observations regarding the Bounds of the Doctrine of Chances in respect to natural plausibility Judgments.

Post 26

Cyzaki

Seconded

smiley - panda


A8556780 - An Essay commenting on some Observations regarding the Bounds of the Doctrine of Chances in respect to natural plausibility Judgments.

Post 27

Gardener

How pleasant and even miraculous it is to see that with regard to this essay of mine concerning the Doctrine of Chances someone is at last found to move the suggestion to turn the tide of this vehement critique against me, which has grown too overpowering even since this ill-humoured intimation of plagiarism (too my thinking utterly unjustified) has been thrown in against me. But I am always ready to do all the corrections needed (the moment time allows). Particularly, I am not yet completely enlightened as to the possibility of posting picture-additions (a graph in my case)to variagate the main body of Guide ML text: someone out here proposed that it is possible to give a link to external sites,to which the picture will be relegated in the first place. If so, does the H2G2 provide these amenities of external sites or cooperate with someone in doing so? I want this picture dearly! (if need be, I can post whole XLS file in which the picture was originally drawn up.)
I currently sent the text of the Essay to a mathematecian for review and comments, and it is known that he, being a tardy person, likes to bide his time. Anyway, I hope that I will recieve comments in month's time. Whereupon, I believe, the Essay will be in better shape and more ripe for posting on h2g2.


A8556780 - An Essay commenting on some Observations regarding the Bounds of the Doctrine of Chances in respect to natural plausibility Judgments.

Post 28

Gnomon - time to move on

Hi Gardener. You will have received an e-mail explaining why your Entry was hidden. It will tell you what you should do if you want to get it unhidden.

If you decide to rewrite the entry so that it is in line with the Guidelines, we'll be able to see it again.

You won't be able to add a picture to the entry itself. If you put the picture onto the internet yourself, you can then put a link into the entry pointing to the picture. This site will not provide you with anywhere on the internet to put your picture - you'll have to look after that yourself.


Key: Complain about this post

A8556780 - An Essay commenting on some Observations regarding the Bounds of the Doctrine of Chances in respect to natural plausibility Judgments.

More Conversations for An Essay commenting on some Observations regarding the Bounds of the Doctrine of Chances in respect to natural plausibility Judgments.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more