A Conversation for Project: Belief

What about existing entries

Post 1

Martin Harper

Sometimes projects like this "co-opt" existing entries on the subject and essentially re-sub them to fit in with the rest of the project. Any plans for that?


What about existing entries

Post 2

a girl called Ben

Ye-es. If I can find any, though I haven't been out there looking. It may well end up being quite a large project as it is.

Do you have any in mind, Lucinda? I'd appreciate your suggestions. Also - could you go and critique the entries which are in the writing workshop. Your comments there would be valuable.

B


What about existing entries

Post 3

Martin Harper

Well, the one I'm thinking of in particular is A378254 - Belief , which is very old.
You've also written a couple of entries yourself (affirmation and money) that would be appropriate.
I'll potter along to the WW and subscribe. No promises.


What about existing entries

Post 4

a girl called Ben

Oh - Twophlag. I MISS Twophlag. I loved hir entry on God and all the lovely s**t it stirred - in the days before Rupert too. *sigh*

I am not sure if you can include Edited Entries in Uni projects. I will ask Mina. Hoo thought you couldn't, but he could be wrong. I certainly hope that we can have links to Affirmation and Money; Affirmation in particular is important because it discusses the mechanisms of spiritual practice, and if I can't include a link I will just have to rewrite the damn thing.

Have fun

B


What about existing entries

Post 5

Martin Harper

I seem to recall the solar system project reworking the entry on Earth, for example.
And yeah, Twophlag was great. He left h2g2 when the BBC took over, right?


What about existing entries

Post 6

a girl called Ben

I will wait till I get most of the entries in, and then see what gaps need plugging.

In the meantime, I'd appreciate your comments, and Hoo's for that matter, in this thread F57153?thread=217913&latest=1. Toxxin seems to want us to write 50,000 word dissertations with references and a glossary.

Anyway, if you could amble over there and put in your two cents, I would be interested. I want the entry to be as good as it needs to be, but I don't think it needs to be the entry that Toxxin seems to want to force me into writing. I may be wrong of course, I have been in the past, and hopefully I will be again in the future.

Take care, and have fun.

B


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more