A Conversation for The best Dead Ringers Sketches

Peer Review: A853120 - The best Dead Ringers Sketches

Post 1

Alpha5

Entry: The best Dead Ringers Sketches - A853120
Author: Alpha5 - U205983

The best of dead ringers


A853120 - The best Dead Ringers Sketches

Post 2

Otto Fisch ("Stop analysing Strava.... and cut your hedge")

Hello again, Alpha!

I appear to be following you around peer review today. Another entry with no comments - that's pretty poor. Please accept my apology for this on behalf of the community- you've not had much luck here so far!

I like these sketches a lot, but I'm afraid that they're not suitable for entry into the edited guide in their current form, as I suspect that they're copyright. The edited guide is a kind of interactive online encyclopaedia, rather than a collection of cool stuff. What you've written is already in the unedited section of the guide, where everyone can find it and read it, but the edited guide has more rigid guidelines.

It might be okay to quote one sketch in an edited guide entry with more info about the programme, when it's on, it's style, the regular performers, and so on. The name "rings" a bell, but I can't say that I've heard it. Several of my mates tell me that the best comedy is on Radio 4, so I'll have to tune in in the future.

TTFN

Otto


A853120 - The best Dead Ringers Sketches

Post 3

Alpha5

Thanks for the input and help with both this piece and the Croydon skyline building. I would like to ask you something. A few weeks ago one of my entries was granted the right to go on into the edditing process but nothings happened since then, can you tell me whats happening?


A853120 - The best Dead Ringers Sketches

Post 4

Otto Fisch ("Stop analysing Strava.... and cut your hedge")


Was that the article about pencil cases? I've had a look on the "coming up" page, which says that it's been sent to a sub-editor for, well, sub-editing. This can take a while, and then when it's done it joins a queue for the "front page". You'll be sent an email when your entry is finalised, added to the guide, and featured on the front page. It can take a while, though. One of mine took over two months from acceptance to front page!

TTFN

Otto


A853120 - The best Dead Ringers Sketches

Post 5

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

Just a reminder Alpah- will you do the honours and remove this PR? If you go to edit the entry, you'll see a button on the right.

smiley - ale


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The best Dead Ringers Sketches

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more