Spook X

1 Conversation

Spook X

If you've been regularly reading Spook X, you'll know that I have been revealing secrets about the Internet that have never been revealed before. In fact, because of this, Awix suggested that this column should be called 'Spook X-Files'. Well, I think I'll stick with the name 'Spook X', as this issue has a look at one of America's biggest secrets, Project Redbook...

Project Redbook

I'm sure that most people reading this have heard about Project Bluebook. If you haven't, then here is a short description:

Project Bluebook was a secret project run by the American government, with the goal of debunking alien and U.F.O. sightings. It was ended, as there were too many unexplained sightings in Project Bluebook.

Well, Project Bluebook is only one of many secret American projects. Project Redbook is another. You see, there was a short period of time when America trapped the Russian Internet on one site, and had full control of the Internet to themselves. In this time, Project Redbook was formed.

Project Redbook had the aim of finding secret information from the Internet. The American government set up a large number of Internet scanning programs and set up a number of beacons on the Internet itself, so that there would be continuous monitoring of the Internet.

America has since discovered so much secret information using their scanning programs that could not have been discovered any other way. All of these secrets are stored in Project Redbook, in, surprisingly, a red book.

In fact, Project Redbook still exists today, and America are monitoring everything that is on the Internet. However, it takes a lot longer now to scan the Internet constantly; as it is so much larger then it was originally. Also, the British government, who control the Internet, have disabled a large number of America's beacons without America knowing.

Well, to be truthful, I can't say much more about Project Redbook at the moment. In fact, I'm surprised I was able to find as much information on it as I did. But, just so I don't let you all down, I will search through the Internet over the next two weeks and I will try my best to find one of America's beacons. If I do find one, it could make a future edition of Spook X very interesting indeed.

However, Project Redbook is only the beginning. There are much more devastating American secrets concerning the Internet, including the real reason why we do so many typos.

And Finally...

Next week in Spook X, I will reveal the secret behind typos to continue my Internet story. I hope you all enjoyed this issue of Spook X!

spook

The Spook Archive

17.10.02 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A851348

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more