A Conversation for The Even Deeper Meaning Of Liff - The Saga Continues...

A question about the original books

Post 1

Alison (ACE)

Is 'the deeper meaning of liff' exactly the same as 'the meaning of liff' with extra? Or does 'the meaning of liff' include some things that the later book doesn't? Basically, I've never read either book and I was wondering whether if I just buy 'the deeper meaning of liff' will I be missing out on anything?! If that makes sense....!


A question about the original books

Post 2

Nigel Willis (Researcher 202923)

As a matter of fact, there is quite some difference between the two books. As you might expect, "The Deeper Meaning of Liff" has a lot more in it. However, the original book has a few definitions that the later one doesn't, and a few definitions have been changed from one edition to the other. (One such changed definition is "Liff" itself.) I recommend getting both versions, if you can.


A question about the original books

Post 3

dasilva


"Deeper..." is also illustrated, don't forget smiley - ok


A question about the original books

Post 4

Mu Beta

I have to confess to never having read the original Meaning of, just Deeper...

B


A question about the original books

Post 5

Dave Rogers

Don't forget that the original is a really cute, miniature-sized book, which makes it ideal when travelling. However, when you get back home with it, it's difficult to find a spot on your bookshelf where it will fit "nice and Kentucky".


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more