A Conversation for Everton Football Club

A810406 - Football : Everton FC

Post 61

Ashley



This is great stuff, but as the work is still in progress I'm going to let the scout who recommended this piece to pick another entry.

I hope this gets recommended again in the near future, as being a former Liverpool student, I can't wait to see this on the front page smiley - smiley


A810406 - Football : Everton FC

Post 62

the third man(temporary armistice)n strike)

Let's hope we manage to finish the piece and it doesn't become another Wembley Stadiumsmiley - ok


A810406 - Football : Everton FC

Post 63

egon

"Let's hope we manage to finish the piece and it doesn't become another Wembley Stadium"

But then again, if the BBC want to give us £600million to not finish it, I'm open to offers...


A810406 - Football : Everton FC

Post 64

the third man(temporary armistice)n strike)

To guaruntee failure we could always bring Peter Johnson onto the teamsmiley - steamsmiley - steam


A810406 - Football : Everton FC

Post 65

Terran

Yes, and I could pretend to be Ken Bates smiley - biggrin.


A810406 - Football : Everton FC

Post 66

Otto Fisch ("Stop analysing Strava.... and cut your hedge")


I'll try to contribute a few paragraphs over the weekend, if I may....

Otto


A810406 - Football : Everton FC

Post 67

Terran

smiley - ok, no probs otto


A810406 - Football : Everton FC

Post 68

egon

Just ot of interest, how many legends are going in? I could write a bit avbout Reidy, ALex Young or Graeme Sharp for example.


A810406 - Football : Everton FC

Post 69

Terran

I think if we have Dixie Dean, Howard Kendall, Neville Southall and three others then I think that should be enough. Though that could be extended...


A810406 - Football : Everton FC

Post 70

egon

I think Alex Young deserves a place.


A810406 - Football : Everton FC

Post 71

Terran

Yes, and Reidy and/or Sharpy should go in there


A810406 - Football : Everton FC

Post 72

egon

Well, I'll knock up a few words on all three over the weekend, and give you editorial judgement smiley - smiley


A810406 - Football : Everton FC

Post 73

Otto Fisch ("Stop analysing Strava.... and cut your hedge")

Perhaps something for the "Nicknames and the kit" section:

Most UK football teams run out onto the pitch to a particular tune or anthem, and Everton are no exception, though the choice of music is rather unusual. The tune is origianly from a folksong composed by Johnny Todd which was better known as the theme music from the 1960s BBC TV series "Z Cars", a gritty and innovative police series set in a fictitious town in Lancashire.

According to the unofficial Everton fansite "Toffeeweb" ([Broken link removed by Moderator]one of the cast of Z Cars was an Everton fan who brought along other members of the cast to watch the game. The story goes that the players ran out to the Z Cars theme in their honour, and the tune has stuck ever since, apart from a brief and thoroughly unsuccessul period in the mid 1990s.


A810406 - Football : Everton FC

Post 74

the third man(temporary armistice)n strike)

When we rather pompously came out to the strains of Thus Spake Zarathustra!


A810406 - Football : Everton FC

Post 75

Terran

What do you think of the page now? I would like to build up the future section abit more perhaps, add a school of science section, and I would do something about Harry Catericks but I don't really know enough about him. Perhaps it could be tied in with a bit about the 1960's. My brain is a bit battered at the moment, so if any one can come up with something to put in here I would appreaciate it smiley - smiley. Oh and is this already too big to fit in to the guide as it is?

Terran smiley - earth


A810406 - Football : Everton FC

Post 76

spook

it's not too big, i've seen much bigger entries.

oh, and it might be a good idea to add anyone who contributed text or facts or stuff to your entry to the researcher list.

it looks good now!smiley - smiley

smiley - orangefish


A810406 - Football : Everton FC

Post 77

The Snockerty Friddle

>They are second in having the most successive years in the Top flight with 49 years, Arsenal are the only ones with more at 77

Are you sure? A868872

smiley - blackcat
TSF


A810406 - Football : Everton FC

Post 78

Terran

Sorry I should put in : -

"Everton have not been relegated in 49 years. This is the second longest record next to Arsenal. Have only been relegated twice since the leagues construction, and have only spent four seasons out of the top division. No other English team can claim this."

I'll change this shortly

Terran smiley - earth


A810406 - Football : Everton FC

Post 79

Ashley


Only me - can let me know when this is ready for the Edited Guide, my friends?

Cheers

Ashley smiley - smiley


A810406 - Football : Everton FC

Post 80

Terran

Hi,
This is virtually complete. Ashley, if you can please just wait a day or so, as I want to see what response this gets, and incase there are any last minute additions. I want to thank everyone who has added to this, its been in peer review so long!

Just a thought, I hope this isn't being too cheeky - but if it were accepted to the guide would there be any chance of the Everton Logo being blobbed for it?

Terran smiley - earth - Join the h2g2 Everton FC Fan Club at A843996


Key: Complain about this post