A Conversation for Dr John Dee

Edward Kelly

Post 1

Researcher 229057

Interestingly, Dee's accomplice in his séances, his medium or skryer, was none other than Edward Kelly. Kelly was a notorious rogue who had been imprisoned many times before turning up unannounced at Dee's house at Mortlake.

The purpose of the séances held between Dee and Kelly may have been to rediscover the lost "Book of Enoch", through Angelic intervention, dictating to Dee and Kelly character by character the Enochian language, as has been speculated. Or, far more likely, the purpose may have associaterd with the ceaseless search for the elusive Philosophers Stone, to alieviate once and for all Dee's financial worries and at the same time become the pinacle of his illustrious career.

Whichever, Kelly ended his days imprisoned and if legend is to be believed died attempting escape. Aleister Crowley, famous for his books on Magick and for his radical interpretation of free will, believed himself the reincarnation of this colourful character.

Crowley managed to contact his own Guardian Angel - coincidentally, also called Aiwass - in Cairo.



Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Dr John Dee

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more