Brill Bacon and Mushroom Pasta

2 Conversations



This is a recipe for a pasta dish that will be enjoyed by many. It only takes roughly thirty minutes to prepare and cook, so would make an excellent supper to end the day. Even better when eaten with a bottle of Chianti to accompany it!





INGREDIENTS:



4 Rashers Bacon (Smoked/Unsmoked as you wish).

1 Medium Onion.

4 Medium sized Button Mushrooms.

4 Cloves Garlic.


About 100 Grams Fusili Pasta per person.


One Can Chopped Tomatoes.


100 Grams Cheese of your choice.


Olive Oil for frying.



METHOD:




Chop up the bacon rashers into 1 - 2 cm squares and roughly dice the onion.


Fry the bacon and the diced onion in olive oil, moving the ingredients around the pan occasionally, until the onion has softened, and the bacon is beginning to brown. Turn down heat, and do not let the onion start to burn.


Chop 3 cloves of garlic into small pieces (2-3 mm) and add to pan, mixing the pieces in well.


Meanwhile, place the fusili pasta into boiling, salted water and simmer until the pasta is al-dente.


Place the canned, chopped tomatoes into another pan, and warm gently.


Mince the remaining clove of garlic, and add to the chopped tomatoes that are warming in the pan.


Chop up the mushrooms into small (about 5 mm) pieces and add to frying pan. Cook until the mushroom has softened.


Take an ovenproof dish, about 25 - 30 cm across by 5 cm deep.


Using a slotted-spoon, spoon the fried ingredients into the dish, and spread around the botton of the dish.


When pasta is cooked, spoon this over the fried ingredients, and spread out.


The now hot chopped tomatoes are spread over the top of the fusili pasta.


Cut the cheese into slices, 3 - 4 mm thick, and spread over the top of the mixture in your dish. Grill under a hot grill for 5 minutes until the cheese has bubbled and is turning golden brown. Remove from the grill.


Turn off your cooker, and serve out the pasta dish for however many are eating (This recipe should serve four, but less if you are greedy!!!)



Enjoy!




Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A80471739

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more