A Conversation for The Royal School of Church Music (RSCM)

Edited Guide Writing Workshop: A8022791 - The Royal School of Church Music (RSCM)

Post 1

watchaharry

Entry: The Royal School of Church Music (RSCM) - A8022791
Author: <insert_witty_nickname> - U857746

As a member of the RSCM's Northern Cathedral Singers for three years, I wrote this entry as an introduction to the RSCM, its history and its work.


A8022791 - The Royal School of Church Music (RSCM)

Post 2

Skankyrich [?]

Hi IWN!

This is pretty good, but it seems rather short, even as an introduction. Is there any way you can expand the history a little, and perhaps embellish it too? Perhaps you could explain how the idea came about, why it was that it expanded so quickly, why it was considered so important that the King got involved, give more detail on what it does now.

You have the bones of an excellent entry, but it needs quite a bit of fleshing out smiley - smiley


A8022791 - The Royal School of Church Music (RSCM)

Post 3

Not him

You might include some details of which disciplines they train, which actual areas of the country they're active in, more details


A8022791 - The Royal School of Church Music (RSCM)

Post 4

Rockhound

Nice start to an entry.

AFAIK, the RSCM is now international, and interdenominational though its origins are British and Anglican. It might be checking out their website: http://www.rscm.com/ for some more details of the background, then maybe add your own experiences in at the end of the entry? or another entry?

I think they have a training scheme for young singers (Voice for Life??)- I'm pretty sure the younger members of the choir I sing with are doing something similar.


Key: Complain about this post

Edited Guide Writing Workshop: A8022791 - The Royal School of Church Music (RSCM)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more