A Conversation for Becoming a linux guru for fun and profit

..then you can be just 'superior' to the Linux geeks

Post 1

Vincent

Then you can be just 'superior' to the Linux geeks. And so superior to absolutely everyone - How?

Get to know Linux inside out - use it secretly at home - put your web site on a Linux server than you fully manage remotely - use only the command line to edit & test your code - become the expert but keep the existance of your knowledge to yourself.

Then one day the well known Linux guru is strugling with a Linux problem - that is a problem that you have deliberately created related to his current project that you know you can fix later & can hide all evidence of you being there.

After a few hours ask him what the problem is and he'll try to confuse the hell out of you explain it in great depth.

In a loud voice say 'Its only Linux I'll sort it out - givem me a few minutes - and from your terminal remotely login and sort it out in a few flashes of typing - then watch him puzzled as it now all suddenly works - then go over & in a equally loud voice menioning Linux & any Linux terminology you can in every sentance tell him how your sorted it out in great detail.

Don't forget to add in a loud voice as you walk away - "I thought you knew this Linux stuff!"

Then never mention Linux again - in fact when Linux is mentioned for two minutes only start raving about the new expert system based Linux Kernal based on DNA replication patterns that you are putting together - add some major benefits of this new approach and then never mention that again unless you find yourself once again in a Linux conversation.

...and so become superior to absolutely everyone and liked by no one - as no one likes a smart arse let alone a superior smart arse!


Key: Complain about this post

..then you can be just 'superior' to the Linux geeks

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more