Reading in School

5 Conversations

Peter Pan's hat

When the Time is Wrong...

Reading fiction in school can be near impossible outside designated reading times. But What if you have a book that is so exciting-or say you're just coming to the end, or a mystery is about to be revealed, or it's just so good-that you literally can't put it down? Or what if the class is so horrible 1 that you can't sit through it un aided?

What To Do


First of all, if you don't have a desk or at least a table of some sort this article will be of no help. Also, a backpack would make things much easier. It would be extremely helpful if you are a good student. First of all take your backpack if you have one and set it in front of you on your desk, this will make it hard for the teacher to see you. Take out your book very incognito 2 and slip most of it under your desk. Slump down low in your seat with your head at a slight angle. It should be down just enough to read the book but not so far as to appear to be reading it, this can be difficult. If the teacher begins to look at you angrily then slip the book underneath your thigh or butt.

Some Cautionary Advice


If you are caught, it could result in:
  1. A long, boring talk with the teacher
  2. Detention
  3. Or even a referral

So be careful!
1Algebra, for instance2It's best to do this before class starts

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A791796

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more