A Conversation for Talking Point: What makes a good website?

Poups:

Post 1

lw - ck

popups are probably the most (mis)used feature on the internet and usually contain adverts for companys.

Though i find there is an effective way oof using popups on a website for non profit making ways.

If you want to give the viewer of the webpage additional imfomation about something but dont want this information to clutter up the website then make a link saying click here for more information (or something along those lines) now script a popup to appear when the user clicks the more information link/button. As planned the popup will apear containing text expanding upon what has been said on teh main page and maybe some pictures that would of appeared to of cluttered up the main page.

Note: only script further information popups to apear when clicked, the user woudl feel a bit overwhelmed being flooded with 10s of further information boxs when entering a page.

Popups can be usful if used correctly

Code for a maul onclick popup with variables which can be turned on or off (yes/no)

Link here

Note that when using more than one per page add a digit to teh end of MyWindow (MyWindow1 MyWindow2 ect)

smiley - winkeye
smiley - angelCKsmiley - devil


Poups:

Post 2

Inkwash

Oh! A handy bit of code!

Cheers! smiley - ok


Poups:

Post 3

lw - ck

NP, tell me if you have any problems usuing it.smiley - ok

smiley - winkeye
smiley - angelCKsmiley - devil


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more