For the month of July I'm going to do a little experiment and not pick the subject matter for 45 Words. That part of the task over which I sweat buckets some weeks is over to you. Listed below are the days of publication of the post. Each has a shortlist of notable people or events. All you have to do is post into the forum below before the Monday morning of the week of publication.
- Born 1872 Calvin Coolidge - 29th US President.
- Born 1927 Gina Lollobrigida, Subiaco, Italy - actress.
- Born 1948 Rene Arnoux, France - Formula-1 racer.
- Died 1826 John Adams - 2nd US President.
- Died 1826 Thomas Jefferson - 3rd US President.
- Died 1831 James Monroe - 5th US President, dies.
- 1862 Lewis Carroll creates Alice in Wonderland for Alice P. Liddell.
- Born 1767 John Quincy Adams - 6th US President.
- Born 1920 Yul Brynner - actor.
- Born 1953 Leon Spinks US - heavyweight boxing champ.
- Born 1958 Mark Lester, Oxford, England - actor.
- 1921 Mongolia gains independence from China.
- 1969 David Bowie releases 'Space Oddity'.
- 1981 Sebastian Coe of UK sets record for 1000 m, 2:12.18 in glorious period of record
- Born 1848 William Gilbert Grace, Victorian England's greatest cricketer.
- Born 1853 Hendrik Antoon Lorentz, Holland - physicist (Nobel 1902).
- Born 1918 Nelson Mandela, Qunu, South Africa - political prisoner.
- Born 1921 John H Glenn Jr., Cambridge, Ohio - Col USMC astronaut.
- 1966 Gemini 10 launched.
- Born 1905 Elias Canetti, Bulgarian/British - novelist/essayist (Nobel 1981).
- Born 1954 Walter Payton - NFL running back.
- Born 1955 Iman - model, David Bowie's girlfriend/actress.
- Died 1986 Vincente Minnelli - movie director.
- 1759 British capture Fort Niagara from French (7 Years' War).
- 1814 Battle of Niagara Falls (Lundy's Lane); Americans defeat British.
- 1918 Annette Adams sworn in as 1st woman district attorney of US,