A Conversation for The Young Ones

A771239 - The Young Ones

Post 21

Smij - Formerly Jimster

"It's alright for you. Your name's Orgo... no-one ever says my name. No-one ever says Ftmch..."

smiley - devil


A771239 - The Young Ones

Post 22

Abs

What's a nmcl pcergl ftmsch?


A771239 - The Young Ones

Post 23

Smij - Formerly Jimster



smiley - devil - 'Ahahh!!'

[stalks around with a skewer]


A771239 - The Young Ones

Post 24

Mina

No no no! Young Ojnes revival is not happening!


A771239 - The Young Ones

Post 25

Mina

Ones. smiley - blush


A771239 - The Young Ones

Post 26

Jimi X

Oh look, a little girl...

Meditate on this.

smiley - devil


A771239 - The Young Ones

Post 27

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

The Young Ones is currently being shown (again) on BBC Anerica smiley - biggrin


A771239 - The Young Ones

Post 28

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

That'll be America of course smiley - blush

We using the same keyboard today Mina/Linda? smiley - winkeye


A771239 - The Young Ones

Post 29

Abs

My favourite ones are Sick, smiley - ill and Cash smiley - puff. In Sick I love the way Neil starts a riot in the street with his snotty sneeze, the bloke gets hit in the head and then asks the bloke next to him if he threw something... how could he have thrown it - he was stood next to him for God's sake! (Of course it's the Carling boys again!)


A771239 - The Young Ones

Post 30

Ashley


Hey Abs,

Just to let know that this entry has been scouted but before I process it, can you make the amendments as mentioned previously in this conversation?

Many Thanks.

Ashley smiley - cheers

PS When it's been updated, can you let me know?

smiley - ok


A771239 - The Young Ones

Post 31

Abs

Hi Ashley,

I made the amendments a while ago but wanted to put a link in at the end to http://www.michael.phatcatz.net/awtv/Comedy/YoungOne.html but I couldn't get it to work.smiley - erm Do you think it still needs more detail?smiley - smiley

Abs.


A771239 - The Young Ones

Post 32

FoxyBabe

Hello Abs, & all, my favourite scene: Vyv loosing his head, when looking out of train window smiley - laugh a classic for me. & didn't Rick, have a pet rodent, hamster or rat?

smiley - peacedove






A771239 - The Young Ones

Post 33

Mina

"and the people who deliver the ‘two-time poo’ in ‘Sick’ (Mick and Tez)"

It should be two ton, not two time. smiley - smiley


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 34

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've therefore moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!


A771239 - The Young Ones

Post 35

invisibleknight

Flood - even though there was no Musical guest on this episode the variety act was the Lion Taming act.

Please to be noting, the BBC funded The Young Ones under the Light Entertainment Budget hence them mostly getting money to have music acts ALMOST every week. Originally the show was touted to the BBC comedy department but they didn't want to make anything at the time of filming the 1st series. As Flood was the last episode in that series the budget had practically gone on all the previous episodes (didn't this seem obvious from the fact that the episode is all filmed pretty much inside the house?)


A771239 - The Young Ones

Post 36

Mina

I thought it was the other way round. That they'd get more money from the LE budget which was why they put the acts in. Otherwise they's have to make do with comedy budget, which was smaller.


A771239 - The Young Ones

Post 37

invisibleknight

Mikes surname is give in the Batchelor Boys book as Thecoolperson.
Ricks surname is never mentioned any where ever that I have come across.
I have the original BBC vhs vids and the BBS US dvd (much better than the UK release) and an out-takes vid I bought off ebay, some very cool footage.


A771239 - The Young Ones

Post 38

invisibleknight

The stuff Jimster mentions such as My White Bicycle is off a LP Vinyl Record called "Neil's Heavy Concept Album", It's damn hard to find (and worth searching for on mp3). It mostly features nigel planer as neil covering old hippy tracks and dawn french gets a look in one track.
Also the track KEN appears in Neils Book Of The Dead. very easy to get hold of now. It might be worth mentioning the 2 Vyvian Books "how to be a complete bastard" and i can't find the other one to mention the title but it's more in the vein of "complete bastard".
The young ones was also an 8-bit computer game (you can pick 1 character to be and then you have to try and pick things up to move out of the house and the other 3 house mates controlled by the computer try to stop you. You can also switch characters and all the tv locations were featured in the game (example in the kitchen as viv "i think i'll smah the atom bomb"). Can someone PLEASE talk about the b-side of the Comic Relief Living Doll Single, I've heard little about ti and wnat to know more PLEASE PLEASE!


A771239 - The Young Ones

Post 39

I'm not really here

I was lent an outtakes video years ago. I thought it was boring!


A771239 - The Young Ones

Post 40

invisibleknight

The second Ade book by Vyv was called

The Complete Bastard's Book Of The Worst.


Key: Complain about this post