A Conversation for G. and T. anyone?

Gin and Tonic heaven

Post 1

Tricky Sam

At last, someone who appreciates a good gin and tonic. Getting your drink to the correct temperature without over-dilution is something that has bugged me for a while. I did experiment with using those plasic ice cubes with water in them that you cn freeze. But they just don't get cold enough, even after several weeks in the freezer. They also spoil the aesthetic of the drink which should, in my opinion, be served in a tall, thin glass, thus maintaining optimum fizz. The slice of lemon can be substitued for a slice of lime but not both at once - that's just going too far.


Gin and Tonic heaven

Post 2

Puzz Sickstoofrey

Ah - a true connoisseur. Your comments about the plastic 'ice-cubes' is of course absolutely correct. They have never been satisfactory, and I don't think ever will be. Ultimately, one simply cannot sacrifice the aesthetics of a high precision G. and T. just for the sake of avoiding a little dilution. We must also recognise that dilution worsens over time, and time is what a really decent G. and T. is never going to have a lot of.

May you sip long and bountifully...

Puzz Sickstoofrey.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more