A Conversation for Winnipeg Poem

Peer Review: A759530 - Winnipeg Poem

Post 1

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

Entry: Winnipeg Poem - A759530
Author: Researcher 195437 - U195437

The opening personal declaration of Christian faith notwithstanding, the poem which follows is worthy of the highest praise from this fellow Canadian. Canada has longed for a poet who touched the earth for quite some time. Leonard Cohen serves us well on matters of the soul, the body and the heart but he doesn't actually live here much anymore and he never gets his fingers too deep into the soil that is my homeland. This researcher does.
Not since Bliss Carman praised the Tamarac have I been so stirred to national fervor.


~jwf~


A759530 - Winnipeg Poem

Post 2

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

Oh Krupp! I just realised this is a poem and it's very personal and won't be considered as an Edited Entry. Sorry folks, my positive enthusiasm for this wonderful piece temporarily clouded my judgement. I should have sent it to the Flea Market where <./>agggag</.> can rescue it and publish it in the next issue of the h2g2Post.

Wow yeah! An all Canadian poetry issue of AggGag!

smiley - biggrin
~jwf~


A759530 - Winnipeg Poem

Post 3

The CAC CONTINUUM - The ongoing adventures of the Committee for Alien Content (a division of AggGag)

"Winnipeg Poem" will be featured in this week's issue of AggGag in the June 6th edition of the Post.
peace
~jwf~


A759530 - Winnipeg Poem

Post 4

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

umm, strange things happen smiley - laugh

jwf, how about removing this from PR? Just follow the banner (or the "Guide Entry List" link in the top right corner of this conversation page), then scroll down to the 'remove' link and click there.


A759530 - Winnipeg Poem

Post 5

The CAC CONTINUUM - The ongoing adventures of the Committee for Alien Content (a division of AggGag)

Yes of course. But I'm afraid I don't know how to do that.
I can get to the PR page, and I see it on the list, but any 'remove' buttons that might be there are hiding from me.
Does one need to be an scout, sub-editor or something to get 'remove' buttons? If you have the ability please do it.
thanks
~jwf~


A759530 - Winnipeg Poem

Post 6

The CAC CONTINUUM - The ongoing adventures of the Committee for Alien Content (a division of AggGag)

Damn. I have been to the FAQ page and the instructions there are no more helpful than usual. I see no 'Entry List' and no 'Remove' buttons attached to this entry or to this review conversation.
I understand that as the person who recommended it I should be seeing this button, but I am not.
I see no 'Guide Entry List' in the upper right or elsewhere. But there is a column of entries listed on the PR Forum page called 'Guide Entries In Review'. But clicking on any part of that line only takes me to the entry (with no attached conversations), back to this conversation or to the author's homepage. I still see no buttons anywhere.
peace
jwf


A759530 - Winnipeg Poem

Post 7

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

but it's supposed to be there. The 'Guide Entry List' is on the top right corner of this conversation listing in both Goo and Alab*ster (haven't checked with frames though), right above the disclaimer
"Most of the content on h2g2 is generated by h2g2's Researchers, who are members of the public...."

Clicking on the link takes you to the list 'Guide Entries in Review" at http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/RF1?entry=0 , which I gather you have found already. The rightmost link of the line pertaining to this here conversation ought to read 'remove' and it's only visible to the Italics and one or two more researchers: the author and (in case someone else posted the entry for review), the one who submitted it.




A759530 - Winnipeg Poem

Post 8

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

Got it.
smiley - ok
Strangely, because there is no header for that 'column' I can't say now for sure that it was not really there before, but this time it definitely was, just to the right of the author column as you predicted. And I have clicked it, with great satisfaction.

peace
jwf


A759530 - Winnipeg Poem

Post 9

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

well, sometimes the server decides to display all buttons and links in a friendly black colour on a black background smiley - winkeye


Peer Review: A759530 - Winnipeg Poem

Post 10

Researcher 195437

Hi I should mention that when I say "Jesus," I meant the homeless person in Winnipeg who looks (looked?) like Jesus. He was outside on Pembina Hwy for years.

Thanks for the kind words,
-Khal.


Key: Complain about this post