The h2g2 Post 29.11.10

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post



Posted: 29th November 2010


 

 

The leaked leak

I guess you'll have heard about WikiLeaks. It was meant to be published, timed with the publication of the New York Times and the German magazine Der Spiegel. However, somebody found a Spiegel magazine a few hours earlier and started to tweet his finds. I guess Twitter is very busy. WikiLeaks itself is inaccessible, due to "a mass distributed denial of service attack". Meanwhile, Spiegel online de only offers a small collection of gossip. I really can't give it a different name. It's diplomatic messages calling Chancellor Angela Merkel:"Angela 'Teflon' Merkel", claiming that she avoids risks and isn't very creative. Seeing that Mrs Merkel would do anything to please the USA, it's a good job that we have Guido Westerwelle, who is "unpredictable, aggressive, and a critic of the USA". Spiegel makes a point explaining that those diplomatic notes were written and sent by diplomats, trusting they'd be and remain confidential. So the diplomats sent literally everything they thought might be of interest. Their opinion, or even 'facts' based on hearsay. Anyway, it's got the world gossiping about gossip.

For facts and well-thought-out articles, you'd best read the Post. Please, don't forget our Birthday Issue next week. Oh, and the Advent Calendar will open its first door on Wednesday, 1st December. Stay tuned.


Bel


 

 
CAMERA

 

 



 

 
ACTION

 

 

 

 
CUE MUSIC

 

 

  • Musical Notes

  • h5ringer mourns the death of the musicians who died in 2010


 

 
CUT AND PRINT

 

 

 

 
ROCKIN' AROUND (THE CHRISTMAS TREE)

 

 

 

 
COMMUNITY

 

 



 

 

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION

 

 


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A75158058

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more