A Conversation for The Origin of Vice in Sparta

Peer Review: A746309 - What is the origin of vice?

Post 1

dwight

Entry: What is the origin of vice? - A746309
Author: dwight - U193722

Here she is...


A746309 - What is the origin of vice?

Post 2

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

Hi dwight!

I suspect I am supposed to have read 'The Spartan System' before reading this. I haven't so it makes reviewing it more difficult.

Guide entries are supposed to be self standing. You can only link a guide entry to one that has been Edited. What happens if this one gets Edited and the other doesn't (or is Edited later)?

The entry asks questions it doesn't answer and pre-supposes knowledge on behalf of the reader. Who was Lycurgus? What does 'nomos' mean?

Having said that, I'm interested enough to go and look at the entry referred to.

I wonder whether this would work better as a University project?

What do others think?

smiley - fishsmiley - musicalnote


A746309 - What is the origin of vice?

Post 3

FABT - new venture A815654 Angel spoiler page

as the other entry also need a load of ri-jigging then perhaps they can all be rescrambled together to get a uni project or a set iof entires along the lines of the japanese warrior ones or the microscopes ones.

faBT


A746309 - What is the origin of vice?

Post 4

FABT - new venture A815654 Angel spoiler page

what about a entry describing the sparta system. then one on vice, then one on....etc.

FABT


A746309 - What is the origin of vice?

Post 5

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

::Nods in agreement:: ... with the proviso that something is said about Lycurgus and the antecedents of the Spartan state.

NB: In its present state, this entry, although specific to Sparta, does not say so in the title, so a reader will be misled until s/he reads it.

smiley - fishsmiley - musicalnote


A746309 - What is the origin of vice?

Post 6

Dr Hell

When was the Aegis time, and what the heck is (79.)? Just out of curiosity...

The general comments have been made already, and I can only agree. Your fine entries demand a wiser 'readership' or a much more elaborate introduction... Be easier on your readers.

I have given similar comments in your other 'philosophical' entries. Think about an university-project...

HELL


A746309 - What is the origin of vice?

Post 7

xyroth

of course, the other problem is that the entry isn't actually about the origin of vice, only it's role in the destruction of sparta.

Therefore, it would need renaming at minimum, and a major rewrite at worst.


A746309 - The Origin of Vice in Sparta

Post 8

Martin Harper

Well, it has at least been renamed. And its partner entry (A745715) was submitted to PR, but has since been removed. Both entries are very interesting, so I do hope the author is still around. But, as said in this thread before, it makes sense to try and get the entry on Lycurgus' Sparta into the guide first.

I hoep dwight is still around...


A746309 - The Origin of Vice in Sparta

Post 9

Dr Hell

doesn't seem so...

Maybe we should move this thread to the Entry and wait.

HELL


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The Origin of Vice in Sparta

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more