A Conversation for The H2G2 Sprint - Finish

Final Time

Post 1

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])

Zip under the banner, over the checkered line, past the Grandstands. Roll back the throttle and sit up, waving to the crowd. Slow it to a reasonable pace and pull into the Pit Area. Roll to a stop and put the kickstand down. Flip the visor and ask the Pit Boss, "Well, how did I do? What's the time on that lap?" Shut off the engine to hear the reply.

B4


Final Time

Post 2

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])

Pit Boss nudges you.

"Oh, yeah. Clocked in at 2:02:15."

B4


Final Time

Post 3

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])

Pit Boss: "No, not the time you arrived here. The time you crossed the line."

B4: "Oh... That was at 2:00:45. That makes my overall time..."

Pit Boss: "Twenty-one minutes and fifteen seconds."

B4: "Um... That's not so good, is it?"

Pit Boss: "Go back out there and take a few practice laps. THEN post your lap time."

B4: {sigh} "All right then. I'll be back around after I've mastered this." [He starts up Black Betty once again, checks it's clear, then leans down and zooms back onto the track, up-shifting as he gains speed. He's gone and around the first curve in seconds.]

B4


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more