A Conversation for Bob Dobbs

It's "Bob" not Bob

Post 1

Q*bert

Just a memo that you misspelled the name of "Bob" in the title to this entry. There should be quotation marks around the name "Bob". I hate to quibble about this (especially since I'm new here) but according to SubGenius law, the "Bob" who can be named is not the true "Bob". The holy quotes serve to contain the isness of "Bob"; to keep the eerie power of "Bob" from leaking into the wrong hands. "Bob" is just a handy nickname. If the quotes are neglected, the consequences could be more disastrous than finding out what the Ultimate Question is.
Also, the SubGenius "Bob" should not be cofused with Bob Dean, a radio personality from Toronto in the 1980's who billed himself as "the Original Bob Dobbs" (note the lack of quotes) and ripped off SubGenius catchphrases to spread his own poltical views. "Bob"'s name must not be sullied further!


Key: Complain about this post

It's "Bob" not Bob

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more