A Conversation for Ginnie Springs Wilderness Park, Florida.,USA

Peer Review: A724745 - Ginnie Springs Wilderness Park, Florida.,USA

Post 1

roadtripchick

Entry: Ginnie Springs Wilderness Park, Florida.,USA - A724745
Author: roadtripchick - U190464

the reason i am putting this up for review is people seem to think that it is a good entry. i have gotten some feedback and got some pointers on spelling and grammar. Couldn't get the outside link right though?


A724745 - Ginnie Springs Wilderness Park, Florida.,USA

Post 2

Jimi X

The content is absolutely smiley - ok!

I'll go back and give the old grammar a quick look...

smiley - cheers

- X


A724745 - Ginnie Springs Wilderness Park, Florida.,USA

Post 3

roadtripchick

Groovy, I like to hear good things.


smiley - bluebutterfly


A724745 - Ginnie Springs Wilderness Park, Florida.,USA

Post 4

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

One concern about the entry -- have the driving directions been copied directly from the website? If so, that's a potential copyright problem -- you might be better off just providing an external link to the part of the website that has the directions.

Otherwise, it's looking good to me!

smiley - smiley
Mikey


A724745 - Ginnie Springs Wilderness Park, Florida.,USA

Post 5

roadtripchick

I tried to make an external link but it just was not working. I also didn't want to get anything wrong with the directions so that is why i didn't not mess with them.
I also have just lost my internet connection so I can't spend much time on this connection since I am at someone elses house.
I am wondering if this entry can just hang here till i get back and make modifications. smiley - ok Or if they deem it worthy they can edit it but I think it would be best to just let it hang for a little while . Since for now I am incommuncato.


smiley - bluebutterfly


A724745 - Ginnie Springs Wilderness Park, Florida.,USA

Post 6

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

Here's the link to the directions on the website:

http://www.ginniespringsoutdoors.com/gethere.html

If you can't make the link work, I'm sure a subeditor can once this entry is accepted for the Edited Guide.

smiley - smiley
Mikey


A724745 - Ginnie Springs Wilderness Park, Florida.,USA

Post 7

roadtripchick

thanks Mikey...i don't know why it wouldn't let me ever do it. i suppose I was doing it wrong. it got into subediting. Woohoo for me.

Have fun!


smiley - bluebutterfly


A724745 - Ginnie Springs Wilderness Park, Florida.,USA

Post 8

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

Yup, I was the smart and resourceful scout who recommended this one! smiley - smiley Just so you know, it may take a little while for it to get subedited and all -- you'll get an email letting you know when it's on the front page of h2g2.

smiley - smiley
mikey


A724745 - Ginnie Springs Wilderness Park, Florida.,USA

Post 9

roadtripchick

Thank you smiley - grovel

Appreciate it much!


smiley - bluebutterfly


SubEditor Calling!

Post 10

GTBacchus

(Hi Mikey! smiley - hug)

Hello, roadtripchick; hello everyone. smiley - smiley

I've just begun subbing this entry (smiley - geek), and I expect I can get it wrapped up pretty quickly. As has been said in this thread, it's quite good, and there's just a little tidying up to do. smiley - bigeyes

Now, let me get this straight - I should take out the directions from the entry, and replace them with the link to directions at the website? That's no problem; I just want to make sure I got it right.

Oh, A756218. I almost forgot to say that. That's the new version of the entry, which I'm working on, and which anyone who wants may feel free to drop by and check out. It's the version that will go to the Front Page (smiley - wow), while the original is yours, roadtripchick, to keep forever!

If you have, or if anyone has, any comments, corrections or complaints (smiley - yikes) about any changes I make, or anything about the entry, just let me know here, or at my personal space. Otherwise, I'll probably get it submitted to the Towers for final polishing within a day or two.

smiley - cheers

GTB


SubEditor Calling!

Post 11

roadtripchick

Totally groovy smiley - cheers---I was having major issues with getting links on the page and finally gave up out of frustration.

How come it needs a new Anumber (whatever that #'s real name is) and is it going to show up under my edited entries list?

Kepp up the good work!!!


smiley - bluebutterfly


SubEditor Calling!

Post 12

GTBacchus

Howdy, roadtripchick! smiley - biggrin

New Anumber, huh? That seems like a perfectly good thing to call it. I guess the idea is that some writers will want to keep a copy of their work, as it was when they submitted it, before any Subs and Editors (smiley - monster) get their hands on it. I'm not too sure, really.

It will definitley show up on your Edited Entries List, and the original will still be on the regular Entries List. smiley - ok

I think I've basically finished subbing it. Now that I've heard from you, and since everything seems all right, I'll give it a final look over, double-check for links and stuff, and get it sent right in, either this afternoon, or tomorrow.

smiley - cheers


SubEditor Calling!

Post 13

GTBacchus

I just found a whole bunch of great links! They're in, and now I'm submitting it to the Towers. smiley - bigeyes

Thanks, roadtripchick, for the great entry, congratulations, and I look forward to seeing your future contributions to the Guide!

smiley - ok


SubEditor Calling!

Post 14

roadtripchick

i appreciate all the extra time you put into my entry..I hope someone is paying you smiley - ok

have fun!!!!
smiley - cheers


smiley - bluebutterfly


Key: Complain about this post