A Conversation for Witch Hunts: the dark side of human nature

Wow! That's a LOT of Footnotes!

Post 1

neoBrad - no I'm not! I'm lying!

I think this should be entered into the Guiness World Records!
I have just finished an essay about the play 'The Crucible' by Artur Miller: It's a story of the Salem Witchhunts. I'm not sure if the names in it are the real people and there was no documented evidence of their personality. Tituba and Hawthorne are in it but it's centered around a farmer John Proctor. (He got hung to save his name in the end. smiley - cry )
There's a film with the screenplay by the same guy.
smiley - smiley


Wow! That's a LOT of Footnotes!

Post 2

neoBrad - no I'm not! I'm lying!

Ah. i just noticed that bit about Christopher Lee so I'm guessing that you knew all of that anyway. smiley - doh

That's still a helluvalorra footnotes though...


Wow! That's a LOT of Footnotes!

Post 3

WebWitch

I was thinking it wasn't *that* many footnotes...!

I'm currently reading 'Witchcraft in Europe, 1100-1700: A Documentary History' by Alan C. Kors, Edward Peters, which has lots more footnotes, but is also fascinating. Loved Robin Griggs's 'Witches and Neighbours: The Social and Cultural Context of European Witchcraft' despite the dissing of Wiccans in the preface.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more