A Conversation for Prozac

on prozac alternatives - if you're miserable please click here!

Post 1

Sprinks Leda

I have also had my fair share of major depression. You try liking science and science fiction in a town of 1500 people!! I can discuss physics with PHYSICS TEACHERS and have them give up! But I digress...
You see, it's not that I'm different that causes me to get depressed. I think the problem is hormonal and comes in at about the serotonin stage.
Depression develops from different stages. First your... is it cortozal? level goes up. Then your serotonin level goes down. Then the part of your brain that finds meaning starts functioning overtime, so that you find meaning in everything. You think too hard: you get depressed.
Here's my problem: Now I'm not a head shrinker, but I am pretty damn sure that serotonin decreases during the day and increases as one sleeps. I used to get suicidal depressed at around bed time because my hormone levels were wierd. Any of you who are feeling miserable right now, may I suggest that you turn off the computer (particularly if you're a miserable teen in the wee hours of the morning) and go ahead and have a nap. It will give you a fresh perspective.
If that doesn't work, I would love for you to reflect on your life and think about what it is that you are really passionate about. The thing that gets you out of bed in the morning. The one thing that really pulled me through was astronomy, my dream. I decided not to slit my wrists, wrote a poem instead and then got out my steven hawking and carl sagan and dreamed and then had a deep sleep and got a fresh perspective.
Oh, and if you're worried about your eyes, I reccomend eyebright. It also aids mental powers and clears bloodshot eyes.

xxoo


Key: Complain about this post

on prozac alternatives - if you're miserable please click here!

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more