A Conversation for Black Books - The TV Series

Writing

Post 1

PaulBateman

Didn't Graham Lineham leave after the first series and Dylan Moran wrote the second (and third) series on his own?


Writing

Post 2

Danté - Member of the campaign to call our country Yes Man's Land!

Very true i think. I'll check on my video then edit the entry. Cheers for pointing it out


Writing

Post 3

Lenny (Lynette)

I know I've already said this but:

I've had a look at this and it seems people have everything covered really. The only thing I think I could add to would be the memorable quotes bit and perhaps enlarge the initial paragraph....

However, this is pretty tidy and there's nothing I can add smiley - sadface


Writing

Post 4

Danté - Member of the campaign to call our country Yes Man's Land!

Thank You. I am considering putting it in for review for the guide soon, but i am worried that when series three gets televised the article will be incomplete. What does everyone else think?

Chidiock d'Vas (AKA Raving Dave)


Writing

Post 5

Lenny (Lynette)

Good point here. On one hand its good to get wheels in motion as soon as you can, updating later as and when. However, an article can mature slowly and the best things in life come to those who wait.

If I was in your position, I would wait for the next series. People can already see the first draft and add comments for you until then. When the next series is aired - and I may be talking out my 'hat' but this could be autumn - you can pop the updates in along with new classic quotes. Its entirely up to you, but I am willing to video the new series and sit patiently with notebook taking all the relevant points down. I can help write the new parts or quotes or whatever. I feel a bit useless because I made all this fuss about a guide entry on the series, did some prodding around, saw your excellent one, left the whole thing for years and now its all sorted. I've been all-talk-no-do.

Ah well,

Happy Monday to you.....


Writing

Post 6

Danté - Member of the campaign to call our country Yes Man's Land!

I think i will wait for the next series, as the article is readable as it is. As far as I know its due to be out on channel 4 late 2002, early 2003. ish. Your help on the next series is much appreciated smiley - smiley and I may take you up on the offer as I hate writing the episode guides. They always give away too much or tell you nothing at all and i keep using the word "meanwhile". Arg. At the moment tho any more "memorable quotes would be helpful i dont know what other people find funny. Thank you

Chidiock d'Vas


Writing

Post 7

Lenny (Lynette)

Right-ho then. I shall pop over and try and think of some to add in.

smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post