A Conversation for Creating and Designing Your Own Print Ads

Publishing Programs

Post 1

Archaris Kitten, one small aching heart in the infinite void

What about InDesign? I'm hearing good things about this from various design sources, and do want to try it as it can handle DCS2 files and transparency.

I'm busy ranting about my job in my Journal. A cautionary tale for aspiring typesetters/designers.


Publishing Programs

Post 2

Lentilla (Keeper of Non-Sequiturs)

I just noticed this post! I'm updating this article and getting it ready for Peer Review.

I've heard good things about it too. I'm leery of anything else besides Quark - I know Quark so well, and anything else tends to be problematic. I think I'm old fashioned, but I prefer to handle things like transparency in Photoshop, so that I can create the graphic, get it the way I want it, then flatten the psd and make sure it's at the proper resolution. The times I've used a graphic design program to take over a duty that used to be done by Illustrator or Photoshop, I run into memory problems with printing, Postscript errors, and corrupt documents. That's not to say that InDesign will do this!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more