A Conversation for Life's Little Mysteries - Solved

So, is the facetwit phenomenon

Post 1

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

important enough for me to take the time to thoroughly investigate it?

It took me ten years to tear myself away from my typewriter and sketchbook and learn to use the internet incorrectly. Shall I stop reading my collection of Giles cartoons and dive into social networking? Shall I stop writing voluminous paragraphs and drawing single panel cartoons and learn to function as close to the lowest common denominator of poor splellers and inept photographers?

Shall I cancel my subscriptions to nice magazines with cute stories and pretty pictures? Shall I stop watching "Once Upon A Time in the West" on a weekly basis and see what's on the top of the YouTube most popular list?

All sarcasm aside, this last Jan first when everyone was saying,"Have a happy new year," I replied,"Don't wish that on me. I'm not done with 1968, yet."


So, is the facetwit phenomenon

Post 2

Skankyrich [?]

I guess the worst moment, when I started visiting social networking sites, was when the Twitter police came around. They made me burn all my books, stop appreciating art, destroyed my revolutionary records and removed my sense of humour. All I have now is Justin Bieber. I guess it's all worth it, though - instead of making videos and writing blogs, all I have to do is tweet once a day and they pretty much leave me alone. And, you know, Glee isn't all that bad. Most of it starts to sound pretty similar after a while - heard one, heard 'em all = know what to expect = much more bearable. Life is much simpler now I've joined Twitter and stopped thinking about things.

All sarcasm aside, why do you think one can appreciate the 'long forms' of communication but not the short? Why one or the other, not both? Because you can write a long, intelligent blog and tweet a link to your followers, or draw a cartoon and do the same, and reach a hell of a lot more people a hell of a lot more quickly. Google 'Jack of Kent' and 'Oatmeal'. Two good examples of Twitter users who use Twitter perfectly for what it is - a source of information, and a way to spread it.


So, is the facetwit phenomenon

Post 3

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

I don't doubt the wisdom of your stance.
Maybe there are people capable of witty aphorisms and penetrating
comments who are masters of the short form.

When I get my lapdog computer online (my current ten year old boat anchor has compatibility issues) I may see what I might be missing.


So, is the facetwit phenomenon

Post 4

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

I have a blog and tweet links?
Wow, must be during those blackout periods!
And I stopped drinking hoping to lessen them.
Must of failed.

Woe is me!smiley - wah


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Life's Little Mysteries - Solved

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more