A Conversation for Zaphodistas' Last Gasp Petition Drive and Celebration of the One Year Anniversary of BBC rule!

Did you send it off then?

Post 1

Martin Harper


Did you send it off then?

Post 2

Deidzoeb

There was a disappointingly small response, and I kinda thought Peta would perceive it as an unnecessary dump-load of paper. So no, I never sent it off. Should I still?


Did you send it off then?

Post 3

Martin Harper

Part of me thinks it would be better to send it off (dump-load or not), and then close it down. Most people who are going to sign it will have already done so, after all. Then, after a little while, perhaps some alternate means of consciousness-raising/ protest/ influence? You know what they say - a bit of variety helps keep a campaign from going stale. Perhaps a virtual protest march of some kind?


Did you send it off then?

Post 4

Deidzoeb

"...a bit of variety helps keep a campaign from going stale."

The petition campaign is now about as active as the Nader/LaDuke 2000 campaign. However, closing the petition doesn't really serve any purpose. Leaving it open allows for the possibility of future signatures, or even a few enthusiastic individuals reviving the campaign later.

I'm kinda burnt out on organizing anything, but what would a virtual protest march involve? I noticed the Towel campaigners staged a sort of sit-in on the Community Soapbox for quite a while.


Did you send it off then?

Post 5

Ancient Brit

At the risk of moderation - Viva la BBC smiley - biggrin


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Zaphodistas' Last Gasp Petition Drive and Celebration of the One Year Anniversary of BBC rule!

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more