A Conversation for AGG/GAG - 9

Down the back of the settee of life

Post 1

spimcoot

I adore the concept of this page, even if saying it increasingly makes one sound like an extra from Mars Attacks. It fits in nicely with my own wide notion of art - the best art being in the accidental and the best artists anyone who happened to notice the accidental thing in question. For instance, I was once faced with a lorry coming towards me with the legend 'MOM' emblazoned across its facade. At that instant a car passed going the other way with the number plate 'DAD'. Just for me. This sort of thing is happening all the time, we are surrounded by the stuff. I believe some people degrade it with the name life and squat on it. I like to get my hand down the crack (yes, I know) and so, it seems, does AGG/GAG/CAC.

Search Engine Poetry and dead threads are perfect examples of actively going looking for accidental art. Beautiful.


Down the back of the settee of life

Post 2

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

smiley - cheerssmiley - artistsmiley - ok

~jwf~


Down the back of the settee of life

Post 3

Martin Harper

always good to be appreciated... smiley - smiley


Down the back of the settee of life

Post 4

spimcoot

Absolutely: art appreciation and appreciation appreciation always.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for AGG/GAG - 9

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more