A Conversation for Talking Point: Top Ten Smileys?

Me and smileys

Post 1

Silverfish

I don't use smileys that much. However, I find that there are 2 smileys in particular that I quite like. Firstly there is the basic smiley - smiley, because it is quite flexible. Also the smiley - ok is useful. As a scout, I quite like smiley - ok when congratulating people, although I don't always use it.


Me and smileys

Post 2

shazii

Hello My Name Is Shahnaz But I
Like People To Call Me Shaz.
Please Reply...


Me and smileys

Post 3

Researcher 190525

asl plz


Me and smileys

Post 4

Silverfish

Hello researcher 190544, and 190525. I have a few suggests for both of you. I would recommend that both of you decide on a nickname to use, rather than the default researcher xxxxxx's you have at the moment. How you come up with your name is up to you, but it's a lot easier to identify with someone with their own unique name.

To change you nickname, click on the preferences button near the top of the screen, then delete your current name, and put in your chosen nickname.

Secondly, I would recommend that you create an introduction, in your personal space. Do this by first clicking on the 'my space button, then click the edit page button, and type an introduction about yourself. Then click update introduction, and your introduction will appear on your personal space. This also means that other people can talk to you there, in particular the ACE's who will tell you what h2g2 is all about, and should be able to answer some of the questions you might have.

Finally, if you what somewhere to talk about anything, I would recommend going to Askh2g2, where there are people discussing load of different things. Here (The talkingpoint), is designed for discussing a particular topic, at the moment smileys, rather than for general conversation, which askh2g2 is more suited too.

Anyway, welcome to the guide both of you. smiley - smiley


Me and smileys

Post 5

shazii

Hello ThankYou For You Advice I
Will Take Your Word On About
Chaning My Username (Thankyou
Ever So Much For Your Help?!?)
Please Reply From Shaz :0)


Me and smileys

Post 6

shazii

Hello My Asl Is 17/Female/London
What Is Your A.S.L Please? Please
Reply From Shaz...


Me and smileys

Post 7

coelacanth

shazii, this is a conversation about your favourite smiley! It's not really the place to have a general chat or introduce yourself. smiley - ok

If you put some details on your own user page then people will come over and talk to you there.
Click on the button marked "My Space" and when you get there, click on "Edit". Even if you just say "Hello, please talk to me" someone will see it. You'll have an Ace drop by before you know it.
smiley - orangebutterfly
To lurk and find out a bit more about the site, you could go to the <./>Front Page</.> and read the 5 latest entries to be placed in the Hitchikers Guide. Perhaps one of theose will inspire you to write your own!
The <./>Info</.> page will show you who is talking and what they are talking about, although I would recommend you lurk around some of the conversations before diving in. A busy one that lots of people post to would be a good place to start, rather than a long standing conversation between two friends.
Above all - <./>DontPanic</.>
smiley - bluefish


Me and smileys

Post 8

manda1111



Sorry to butt in on your conversation, but if researcher shazii.and : Researcher 190525 would go back to there own page and click on the "EDIT PAGE"button and write a little something about yourself , then an "ACE",(Assistant Community Editors), can come and welcome you there properly. Sorry for the interuption.smiley - oksmiley - cheers

manda


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more